Nominated ‘Best Tech Place to Work’, Forrit is a digital technology company founded in 2014. The company has developed Forrit® - the next generation enterprise CMS. Built in conjunction with Microsoft, Forrit® leverages the full potential of Azure's cloud services and tools on a single platform. This simplifies and automates complex configuration processes and enables rapid and secure website creation, versioning and editing using an intuitive interface.
We're continuing to grow throughout 2022 and, as a result, we need to expand our team. As a member of the Forrit, you are a part of a talented and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to be part of an innovative, inspiring and dynamic company at the heart of Edinburgh's booming tech sector.
This is a hybrid role. The first 3 months or full probation period of the hybrid working arrangements will be a trial period.
The proportion of your working hours, and particular days and hours, you work from home and our premises each week will also depend on the circumstances, including, for example:
- the nature of the role and
- the needs of the business and relevant department
We offer an amazing workplace environment in the very centre of Edinburgh. We see our employees as our greatest asset and therefore we are investing in our people and ensuring that our team members are looked after both at work place and outside of work by providing benefits that support healthy work-life balance. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (+bank holidays)
- Private health care
- Income protection scheme
- Group life cover
- Enhanced Parental leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Learning and education opportunities
- Regular social activities
Scope of role:
A senior full stack web developer that is a member of Forrit’s product development team. The team is responsible for building and maintaining our new CMS product and supporting tools.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- The developer will primarily focus on the development of the company’s software applications and supporting tools that are intended to be sold on as such.
- The developer is expected to produce scalable, performant, testable and reusable code
- The developer will play a role in the design process for new applications, and new features within more mature applications.
- The developer is expected to have excellent communication skills and work effectively in a team structure.
- The developer is expected to perform peer reviews of other team member’s code.
- The developer is, as a senior team member, to offer support and mentoring to less senior team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
- ASP.NET technologies
- ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Web API
- ASP.NET MVC
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Experience with front-end web frameworks
- HTML & CSS
- Azure Services