Nominated ‘Best Tech Place to Work’, Forrit is a digital technology company founded in 2014. The company has developed Forrit® - the next generation enterprise CMS. Built in conjunction with Microsoft, Forrit® leverages the full potential of Azure's cloud services and tools on a single platform. This simplifies and automates complex configuration processes and enables rapid and secure website creation, versioning and editing using an intuitive interface.
We're continuing to grow throughout 2022 and, as a result, we need to expand our team. As a member of the Forrit, you are a part of a talented and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to be part of an innovative, inspiring and dynamic company at the heart of Edinburgh's booming tech sector.
As a result of the COVID-19 crisis, this role would involve working remotely until the team eventually transition back to working from the Edinburgh office.
We offer an amazing workplace environment in the very centre of Edinburgh. We see our employees as our greatest asset and therefore we are investing in our people and ensuring that our team members are looked after both at work place and outside of work by providing benefits that support healthy work-life balance. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (+bank holidays)
- Private health care
- Income protection scheme
- Group life cover
- Enhanced Parental leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Learning and education opportunities
- Employee referral scheme
- Regular social activities
SCOPE OF ROLE:
At Forrit, we help our clients deliver digital experiences around the globe that entertain, educate, inform and inspire. We’re at an exciting stage of our company journey and we are seeking individuals who are motivated to help us deliver high-value and impact as we enter our next phase of growth.
As an experienced Project Manager with a few years in the industry, you should have demonstrable experience working in project and process management roles in a web delivery environment.
A critical thinker and problem solver, you’ll be comfortable working alongside a team of developers and be able to demonstrate proficiency in the coordination and management of technical web projects from concept to delivery.
By owning the day-to-day management of priorities and acting as a conduit between teams, the Project Manager helps to ensure that Forrit continuously meets quality and timeline objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Apply agile project management methodologies to the successful running of new and evolving build projects
- Utilise project management systems, including Jira, Azure DevOps and Microsoft Teams to effectively manage the workflow of all tasks
- Identify and implement ongoing project and process improvements
- Assist with new business pitches as required
- Lead regular status & planning meetings
- Coordinate project deliverables with technical developers and QA team colleagues
- Liaise with partner design and tech companies to strategise and manage the delivery of collaborative technical integrations
- Perform internal UAT checks as necessary to ensure deliverables match client expectations
- Establish strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and agency partners
- Scope deliverables, costs and timings for existing and new projects
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Professional project management qualification (e.g. Agile PM)
- Familiarity with the technical aspects of CMS web delivery management
- Minimum 3 years of similar experience
- Personal characteristics:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Highly organised and self-directed
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Able to deal well with ambiguous problems
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to empower and lead a team through the project lifecycle
- Motivated to learn autonomously
- Team player