Front End Developer - Angular
We usually respond within a day
Nominated ‘Best Tech Place to Work’, Forrit is a digital technology company founded in 2014. The company has developed Forrit® - the next generation enterprise CMS. Built in conjunction with Microsoft, Forrit® leverages the full potential of Azure's cloud services and tools on a single platform. This simplifies and automates complex configuration processes and enables rapid and secure website creation, versioning and editing using an intuitive interface.
We're continuing to grow throughout 2023 and, as a result, we need to expand our team. As a member of the Forrit, you are a part of a talented and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to be part of an innovative, inspiring and dynamic company at the heart of Edinburgh's booming tech sector.
We offer an amazing workplace environment in the very centre of Edinburgh. We see our employees as our greatest asset and therefore we are investing in our people and ensuring that our team members are looked after both at work place and outside of work by providing benefits that support healthy work-life balance. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (+bank holidays)
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Private health care
- Income protection scheme
- Group life cover
- Enhanced Parental leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share option scheme
- Learning and education opportunities
- Hybrid working and flexible start time
Scope of role:
As a Front End Developer, you will help develop a variety of Forrit’s products in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to implement innovative solutions to market problems and help deliver them to Forrit’s clients in a timely manner.
A solid mid-level or recent senior developer who can work on features with tech oversight but also has the potential to take the lead on small features. A keen learner and be willing to be guided by the more experienced engineers and follow best development practices.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Primarily focus on the development of the company’s core Content Management platform and supporting tools
- Expected to produce scalable, performant, testable and reusable code.
- Plays a role in the design process for new projects/features
- Is expected to have excellent communication skills and work effectively in a team structure.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment and performs peer reviews of other team member’s code.
- Offer support and mentoring to less senior team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and commercial experience with front-end web frameworks, specifically Angular and Angular material
- Testing frameworks: Jasmine and Karma
- Azure PaaS services
- Commercial experience of RESTful patterns
- Knowledge of ASP.NET technologies would be beneficial
Desired Skills And Knowledge:
- Reactive programming paradigms (RXJS)
- Fundamental UX principles
- Developing to W3C specifications
- Lifelong Learner
- Product & Development
- Front End Developer
- Edinburgh Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Perks & Benefits
A competitive Salary 💸
25 days holiday + Scottish bank holidays 🏝
Personal development opportunities 📚
Team socials and activities 🎉
Amazing office location right next to Waverley station 🚉
Enhanced Parental leave and pay 👶
Private Health care 🏥
Income Protection Scheme 🙌
Group life cover ✨
Cycle to work scheme 🚲
Referral scheme 📣
2018 Apprentice Employer of the Year
Graduating with an HND in Web Development or Software Development? Join our award-winning Apprenticeship Programme! Competitive salary, excellent benefits, awesome team... plus entry straight into 3rd year of university to study Software Development. Connect with us to be the first to hear about new openings as they become available.
About Forrit Technology Limited
Forrit are proud signatories of the Tech Talent Charter, Microsoft Partner Pledge and Scottish Business Pledge. As a part of these pledges, we aim to encourage greater diversity in the U.K. technology workforce.
Front End Developer - Angular
Loading application form
Already working at Forrit Technology Limited?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.