Graduate Apprentice Developer
We usually respond within a day
Responsible to: QA Manager/DevOps Lead
Contract term: Full time, permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours per week inclusive of study leave
Annual Leave: 25 days (+ bank holidays)
Positions Available: 2
Nominated ‘Best Tech Place to Work’, Forrit is a digital technology company founded in 2014. The company has developed Forrit® - the next generation enterprise CMS. Built in conjunction with Microsoft, Forrit® leverages the full potential of Azure's cloud services and tools on a single platform. This simplifies and automates complex configuration processes and enables rapid and secure website creation, versioning and editing using an intuitive interface.
We launched our apprenticeship scheme in 2015, with several former apprentices now in leading roles in the Company. We are extremely proud of our apprentices and the value they bring from day one. They help us benefit from the latest thinking and processes, strengthen our business and increase the support we provide to our clients. We are excited to launch our 2023 campaign to find two apprentices, who will specialise in Quality Assurance (QA) or in security.
The Apprentice Web Developer will undertake the award winning Forrit Apprenticeship Scheme (FAS). In conjunction with formal qualifications and training, the FAS guides the apprentice through varying teams within the company. In the first year of the apprenticeship scheme, you will be starting in either the QA or Security team, building up your skills with software development and/or Security fundamentals in the first year, before specialising in a role in either web development, Security or QA. In the second year the apprentice would move onto a new team. This allows the apprentice to gain valuable experience from multiple disciplines before choosing their desired career path.
Employee wellbeing and work life balance is important to us, that’s why we give our apprentices one day of study leave per week, included in their weekly contracted 40 hours.
We are proud to be a Tech Talent Charter signatory and are committed to driving meaningful change in equality, diversity and inclusion in Tech. Our apprenticeship scheme is a keyway of hiring diverse talent and we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Subject to Scottish Government guidelines we will be holding in person assessment centres week commencing 22 May 2023.Please let us know if you require any adjustments to attend our assessment centre.
What will I learn as part of the QA/ Security Teams?
- Verifying client tickets daily
- Designing or maintaining automated testing/security frameworks
- Identifying and suggesting improvements to test/security processes
- Collaborating with and learning from team members to implement solutions to a high standard of code that matches the requirements
- Assisting with configuration management of third-party software and applications.
- Contributing to the management of corporate data
- Supporting users’ IT applications and software
- Delivering the deployment and testing of applications and software
- Developing expertise with the creation and maintenance of reports
- Producing technical and user support documentation
- Taking part in regular planning sessions to ensure development tasks are described to a high quality
- Effectively managing competing demands of work commitments and studying for qualifications and training
Why should I apply?
We offer an amazing workplace environment in the very centre of Edinburgh. We see our employees as our greatest asset and therefore we invest in our people and ensure that our team members are looked after both at the workplace and outside of work by providing benefits that support a healthy work-life balance.
Some of our benefits include:
- Unrivalled development opportunities on a well-established Apprenticeship scheme - one time winner and five times finalist in the Scottish Apprenticeship Awards.
- Permanent contract for Apprentices
- 25 days annual leave (+ Scottish bank holidays)
- Study leave included in core hours – 1 day per week
- Private health care
- Income protection scheme
- Group life cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave and pay
- Regular social activities
What qualifications or skills are required?
HND at Grade B in a related discipline, Grade A is preferred.
Relevant work experience is essential. Apprentices must have sufficient recognition of prior learning (RPL) PLUS 240 SCQF credits, of which a minimum of 120 credits are at SCQF 8.
- Must be living in Scotland by the start of their course. (SAAS advises by 1st August for a September course start)
- Must be Ordinarily Resident (habitual and normal residence in one place) in Scotland for the duration of the course with the intention of staying and living here, and not just to undertake a course of study.
- EU/International applicants must have Settled Status in the UK and have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years prior to course start, without any breaks.
Apply for this apprenticeship
Think this is the right apprenticeship for you? Click the “Apply now” button to start your new career with this apprenticeship. From 2021, Graduate Apprentices will now need to apply to SAAS for funding. Find out more.
- Quality Assurance
- Graduate Apprentice Developer
- Edinburgh Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Perks & Benefits
A competitive Salary 💸
25 days holiday + Scottish bank holidays 🏝
Personal development opportunities 📚
Team socials and activities 🎉
Amazing office location right next to Waverley station 🚉
Enhanced Parental leave and pay 👶
Private Health care 🏥
Income Protection Scheme 🙌
Group life cover ✨
Cycle to work scheme 🚲
Referral scheme 📣
2018 Apprentice Employer of the Year
Graduating with an HND in Web Development or Software Development? Join our award-winning Apprenticeship Programme! Competitive salary, excellent benefits, awesome team... plus entry straight into 3rd year of university to study Software Development. Connect with us to be the first to hear about new openings as they become available.
About Forrit Technology Limited
Forrit are proud signatories of the Tech Talent Charter, Microsoft Partner Pledge and Scottish Business Pledge. As a part of these pledges, we aim to encourage greater diversity in the U.K. technology workforce.
Graduate Apprentice Developer
Loading application form
Already working at Forrit Technology Limited?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.